What’s Happening in Chautauqua
Upcoming Chautauqua Events
Where can you listen to industry experts speak during the day and then see amazing concerts at night? The same place where you can take classes, listen to religious leaders, go golfing, see a ballet and a play, view stunning art, and so much more all in one vacation. Stay a week with us this summer and we promise it will be unlike any experience you’ve ever had.
Why visit Chautauqua Institution?
- Chautauqua Institution is a summer continuous learning community located on Chautauqua Lake in Chautauqua, NY. Whether you are an avid reader, a concert lover, an adventurer, an artist, or an intellectual there is something for you at Chautauqua Institution.
- Each week of the 9-week summer schedule has a theme. All of the programming for that week is based on that theme. After a week here you will be an expert on a new and interesting topic. Week themes for the 2018 summer season include:
- For Love of the Written Word
- American Identity
- The Art of Play
- Russia and the West
- The Ethics of Dissent
- The Changing Nature of Work
- The Arts and Global Understanding: A Week featuring The Silk Road Ensemble with Yo-Yo Ma
- The Forgotten: History and Memory in the 21st Century
- The Impact of Cinema: Storytelling and Social Change, A Chautauqua Food & Film Festival
Why Stay at The Spencer?
- The Spencer Hotel is located right in the heart of Chautauqua Institution. We are steps away from The Amphitheater. Don’t feel like going into the Amphitheater but want to listen to the speaker? You can see and hear everything from our porches.
- Summers in Chautauqua, NY get warm. The Spencer is the only hotel in Chautauqua Institution with central air and other modern amenities to keep you comfortable.
- We’re only a block away from Chautauqua Lake.
- World class daily breakfast and dinner Monday-Friday is included when you book a week with us.
- The Spencer Hotel offers a cozy, yet elegant bed and breakfast feel to enhance your vacation experience