What’s Happening in Chautauqua
Upcoming Chautauqua Events
Where can you listen to industry experts speak during the day and then see amazing concerts at night? The same place where you can take classes, listen to religious leaders, go golfing, see a ballet and a play, view stunning art, and so much more all in one vacation. Stay a week with us this summer and we promise it will be unlike any experience you’ve ever had.
Why visit Chautauqua Institution?
- Chautauqua Institution is a summer continuous learning community located on Chautauqua Lake in Chautauqua, NY. Whether you are an avid reader, a concert lover, an adventurer, an artist, or an intellectual there is something for you at Chautauqua Institution.
- Each week of the 9-week summer schedule has a theme. All of the programming for that week is based on that theme. After a week here you will be an expert on a new and interesting topic. Week themes for the 2019 summer season include:
- Moments that Changed the World
- Uncommon Ground: Working Towards solutions
- Week in Partnership with National Geographic Society
- The Longevity Opportunity
- The Life of Spoken Word
- What’s Funny? In Partnership with The National Comedy Center
- Grace: A Celebration of Extraordinary Gifts
- Shifting Global Power
- Exploring Race and Culture with Wynton Marsalis and Jazz at Lincoln center
Why Stay at The Spencer?
- The Spencer Hotel is located right in the heart of Chautauqua Institution. We are steps away from The Amphitheater. Don’t feel like going into the Amphitheater but want to listen to the speaker? You can see and hear everything from our porches.
- Summers in Chautauqua, NY get warm. The Spencer is the only hotel in Chautauqua Institution with central air and other modern amenities to keep you comfortable.
- We’re only a block away from Chautauqua Lake.
- World class daily breakfast and dinner Monday-Friday is included when you book a week with us.
- The Spencer Hotel offers a cozy, yet elegant bed and breakfast feel to enhance your vacation experience