Important: Chautauqua Institution is a gated resort community. Please note that the Institution charges separate gate fees ranging from $35-$60 per person per day and parking fees from $6 per vehicle for the Season. These fees are separate and are not included with your reservation. We recommend arranging for these passes before your arrival. For more information contact the Chautauqua Institution Welcome Center at (716) 357-6250. Gate and parking fees do not apply “off”-season.
From the West: Erie, Pittsburgh, Cleveland
- Go East on I-90 to Exit 10A, I-86 / PA 17, then
- East on I-86 to Exit 8, make a left on to NY rte 394,
- Chautauqua is about 3 miles on the right.
From the North: Buffalo, Niagara Falls, Rochester
- West on I-90 (NY Thruway) to Westfield, Exit 60.
- South on NY 394, 10 miles, through Mayville, to Chautauqua.
From the East: Elmira, Corning, Binghamton, Finger Lakes, Salamanca
- West on I-86, past Jamestown, to Exit 8, NY 394 North.
- 3 miles to Chautauqua.
From the South: Jamestown
- North on NY 394, 12 miles, to Chautauqua.
To locate us once you have reached the Chautauqua Institute:
- Through the main gate; turn right onto Massey Avenue.
- Follow Massey past the fire station to Janes Street.
- Turn left on Janes Street; go to the second stop sign.
- Turn left: The Spencer is the tall yellow building on the right.
- 25 Palestine Avenue
Telephone: (800) 398-1306