Policies and Important Information
The Spencer Hotel is located on the grounds of the Chautauqua Institution, a gated resort community. During the Chautauqua Summer Season programming (beginning the last Saturday in June and running through the last Saturday in August, as per the dates set by the Chautauqua Institution) we rent from Saturday to Saturday. As you check for your arrival and departure dates, please keep our seasonal policies in mind. Please contact a reservation specialist or check our availability calendar for nightly reservations offered. During the nine week Chautauqua Season a weekly gate pass and parking pass are required for the Chautauqua Institution programming. The price for the gate pass is set by the Chautauqua Institution and you can call (800)836-2787 to get that information. Off season/"The Spencer Season" (Labor Day through the last Friday in June) we rent nightly with no gate pass or parking fee required.
Automobiles are only allowed on the grounds for guest and baggage delivery during the summer programming. Please make arrangements for gate passes prior to your arrival; call the Institution's Front Gate at 716-357-6250. This will save you time on arrival.
The Chautauqua Institution is a unique and wondrous environment; however, there are limited stores and services on the grounds and nearby. Some articles, for example, medical supplies, may be difficult to secure once you are here. The nearest major medical facility is in Westfield, which is approximately one half-hour away, and the nearest pharmacy is in Mayville (5 miles).
We accept checks, money orders, and credit cards.
We are looking forward to your stay!
The State of New York requires us to collect 13.00% sales tax. Because we are a small hotel, we do not have to collect the additional hotel taxes that apply to stays in larger hotels.
Please note: Prices are subject to change without any notice.
The Spencer Hotel and Spa is committed to providing its guests with exceptional service and hospitality. We understand that travel plans are subject to various factors; as a small lodging facility we ask your understanding in return. We have our own reservation and cancellation policies which we have set forth here and which constitute our contract with you.
- All reservations must be secured with a Visa or Master Card credit card at the time of reservation; see below for seasonal particulars.
- The Spencer is a non-smoking establishment. If smoking occurs there will be a $300.00 cleaning fee added to your invoice.
- We love pets, but unfortunately cannot accommodate them at the hotel. If needed, you may call us and we can recommend a place to board your pet
- There are no exceptions to these policies, we are not be responsible for events beyond our control such as: weather, illness, death, and emergencies. As such we recommend the purchase of travel insurance through Travel Insured to protect yourself against unforeseen circimstances. Please contact a reservation specialist at the hotel to arrange for the purchase of Travel Insurance.
- Spencer Hotel and Spa reserves the right to change, modify or cancel, without notice, any advertised services.
(Generally Labor Day through the last Friday in June)
- RESERVATIONS WILL BE CHARGED IN FULL UPON RECEIPT
- Cancellations made more than 14 days in advance of arrival date will be fully refunded less a $75 service charge (except group bookings which will be subjuct to specific guidelines set forth in the contract between The Spencer Hotel and Spa and the group coordinator.
- Cancellations made within the 14 day period will be subject to a one-day rate.
- Any cancellations made less than 48 hours from reservation date require travel insurance to secure a refund.
- Reservations which are cancelled due to no-show, day-of cancellation, and early departure will require travel insurance to secure a refund.
- Check-in time is 3:00pm and check-out time is 11:00am.
- A full, hot breakfast is included with your stay and served every morning at 9:00am.
(The last Saturday in June through
the last Saturday in August
as per the dates set by the Chautauqua Institution.)
- The Spencer Hotel is located on the grounds of the Chautauqua Institution, a gated resort community. During the Chautauqua Summer Season programming (generally the last Saturday in June and running through the last Saturday in August, as per the dates set by the Chautauqua Institution) we rent by the week starting each Saturday in order to coincide with each week's designated theme. For you convenience and to ensure a smooth arrival please make arrangements for gate and parking passes ahead of time by calling the Institution's Front Gate at (716)357-6250. When calling you may also request The Chautauquan to stay up-to-date with Chautauqua events as they are being booked for the summer.
- Check-in time is 3:00pm and check-out time is 9:00am.
- A full, hot breakfast is served daily from 7:00am-9:00am and is included with your stay.
- Advance reservations for the following year "Chautauqua Season" made during the current "Chautauqua Season" require a 25% deposit. The second 25% is due November 1 and the balance due March 1.
- "Chautauqua Season" reservations made between Labor Day and March 1st require a 50% deposit with the balance due March 1st.
- "Chautauqua Season" reservations made after March 1st are due in full.
- "Chautauqua Season" reservations cancelled prior to March 1 are subject to a $75.00 service charge PER reservation week.
- "Chautauqua Season" reservations cancelled after March 1 for any reason require the purchase of Travel Insured insurance to secure a refund. Please contact us to discuss this option.
Spa cancellations must be made within 3 days prior to the spa service. Any spa cancellations after the 3 days prior to the service will be subject to a full service charge.
PLEASE NOTE THAT BY BOOKING A RESERVATION WITH UP YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO OUR POLICIES.
custom joomla template by IrisLines - LW